Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by fanli tai <ta...@urd.spidernet.to> on 1997/11/19 06:29:58 UTC

os-windows/1432: sending only first 16k or so when serving from 1.32b/nt to communicator 4.03

>Number:         1432
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       sending only first 16k or so when serving from 1.32b/nt to communicator 4.03
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
For some strange reason, netscape communicator 4.0[34] is not getting more
than 16k worth of stuff - both gif/jpg and html.  For example, manual/misc/FAQ.html
is cut off at answer 8.  Using netscape 3.01 and pointing it to the same server,
I get the full FAQ though.  Pointing the 4.0[34] at 1.24 running on linux, I get
the full faq.html too.  In short:

                   Communicator 4.03/win95   Navigator 3.01/NT

Apache 1.3b2/NT4   Cut off at around 16k     Full FAQ
Apache 1.24/linux  Full FAQ                  Full FAQ

Same problem with gif/jpgs - it loads about the first 16k too, and then stops.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
No idea, way beyond my abilities..