Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Jeffrey Bride <jb...@redhat.com> on 2009/03/19 17:46:38 UTC

Re: Java client bindings on JBoss ESB

Hi,
  I see the change was made to
PropertiesFileInitialContextFactory.java ..... thank you !

I apologize for the confusion .... but as it turns out ..... in some
situations I can't pass the file name with a '/' prefix .... in which
case the existing code in trunk will not find the properties file.  The
following is an unfortunate hack to get the QPid client to work under
all circumstances in the JBoss ESB :

try {
          p.load(this.getClass().getResourceAsStream(file));
} catch(NullPointerException npe) {
         _logger.info("trying again with file = /"+file);
         p.load(this.getClass().getResourceAsStream("/"+file));
}

I can elaborate further on the issue I'm experiencing between JBoss ESB
and QPid if interested.

Arnaud :  I will continue to take your advice into consideration.  I do
currently like the idea of consolidating qpid specific properties in
this file.  I reference this file from several different places in my
application.

thanks again!  jeff

--
Jeffrey Bride