Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by prashant jha <pr...@infosys.com> on 2006/02/06 21:39:40 UTC

Problem faced while integrating Cactus with WSAD 5.1

Hi,
     I  am trying to integrate Cactus with WSAD 5.1. I followed the steps mentioned in Sheldon's tutorial. But when I run my Cactus test case I get the following exception related to logger configuration failure on the client side.

 at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:80)
 at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:44)
 at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:315)
 at junit.framework.TestSuite.createTest(TestSuite.java:135)
 at junit.framework.TestSuite.addTestMethod(TestSuite.java:114)
 at junit.framework.TestSuite.<init>(TestSuite.java:75)
 at junit.runner.BaseTestRunner.getTest(BaseTestRunner.java:103)
 at junit.swingui.TestRunner.runSuite(TestRunner.java:591)
 at junit.swingui.TestRunner.start(TestRunner.java:708)
 at junit.swingui.TestRunner.main(TestRunner.java:52)
 at xyz.test.SetUpTestCase.main(SetUpTestCase.java:33)
Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Class org.apache.commons.logging.impl.NoOpLog does not implement Log
 at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:532)
 at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:272)
 at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:246)
 at org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getLog(LogFactory.java:395)
 at org.apache.cactus.internal.configuration.ConfigurationInitializer.initialize_aroundBody1$advice(ConfigurationInitializer.java:177)
 at org.apache.cactus.internal.configuration.ConfigurationInitializer.initialize(ConfigurationInitializer.java)
 at org.apache.cactus.internal.configuration.ConfigurationInitializer.initialize(ConfigurationInitializer.java:87)
 at org.apache.cactus.internal.AbstractCactusTestCase.<clinit>(AbstractCactusTestCase.java:53)
 ... 12 more
Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Class org.apache.commons.logging.impl.NoOpLog does not implement Log
 at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getLogConstructor(LogFactoryImpl.java:416)
 at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:525)
 ... 19 more
Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Class org.apache.commons.logging.impl.NoOpLog does not implement Log
 at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getLogConstructor(LogFactoryImpl.java:412)
 ... 20 more

Any pointer to the possible fix will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Prashant

Re: Problem faced while integrating Cactus with WSAD 5.1

Posted by Kazuhito SUGURI <su...@lab.ntt.co.jp>.
Hi Prashant,

In article <FB...@PUNITPMSG02.ad.infosys.com>,
Tue, 7 Feb 2006 02:09:40 +0530,
"prashant jha" <pr...@infosys.com> wrote:
prashant_jha> I  am trying to integrate Cactus with WSAD 5.1.
prashant_jha> I followed the steps mentioned in Sheldon's tutorial.
prashant_jha> But when I run my Cactus test case I get the following exception
prashant_jha> related to logger configuration failure on the client side.

What's kind of TestRunner are you using?
junit.swingui.TestRunner?

prashant_jha> Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Class org.apache.commons.logging.impl.NoOpLog does not implement Log

It looks like a known class-loader related issue.
Following FAQ entry might helps you:
	http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/faq.html#faq_classcastexception_logfactoryimpl

Hope this helps,
----