Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Sean LeBlanc <se...@comcast.net> on 2007/04/11 23:15:35 UTC

"Best" stable version?

Hello,

I'm using Java 1.5 so I compiled 1.1 using "mvn install" after doing a

svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/mina/branches/1.1/ mina-1.1

I'm trying to write a bit of client code and I'm running into some odd
behavior (separate question in another thread), so I'm wondering if I should
use the pre-compiled version.

--
Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc@comcast.net
http://sean-leblanc.blogspot.com/

Re: "Best" stable version?

Posted by Sean LeBlanc <se...@comcast.net>.
On 04-12 12:04, Trustin Lee wrote:
> Hello Sean,
>
> On 4/12/07, Sean LeBlanc <se...@comcast.net> wrote:
> >Hello,
> >
> >I'm using Java 1.5 so I compiled 1.1 using "mvn install" after doing a
> >
> >svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/mina/branches/1.1/ mina-1.1
> >
> >I'm trying to write a bit of client code and I'm running into some odd
> >behavior (separate question in another thread), so I'm wondering if I
> >should
> >use the pre-compiled version.
>
> The current code in branches/1.1 will be released as 1.1.0.  It's
> quite stable because many people here are using it now to take full
> advantage of Java 5 language features.
>
> Please let us know what 'odd behavior' you experienced, just in case it's a
> bug.

The odd behavior is described in another thread which I titled "lifecycle
question". It would seem that this is actually "expected behavior", so
nevermind. :)

And thanks for the good work.

--
Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc@comcast.net
http://sean-leblanc.blogspot.com/
Both models are identical in performance, functional operation, and interface
circuit details. The two models, however, are not compatible on the same
communications line connection.
-Bell System Technical Reference

Re: "Best" stable version?

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
Hello Sean,

On 4/12/07, Sean LeBlanc <se...@comcast.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using Java 1.5 so I compiled 1.1 using "mvn install" after doing a
>
> svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/mina/branches/1.1/ mina-1.1
>
> I'm trying to write a bit of client code and I'm running into some odd
> behavior (separate question in another thread), so I'm wondering if I should
> use the pre-compiled version.

The current code in branches/1.1 will be released as 1.1.0.  It's
quite stable because many people here are using it now to take full
advantage of Java 5 language features.

Please let us know what 'odd behavior' you experienced, just in case it's a bug.

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP Key ID: 0x0255ECA6