Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Stuart Barlow <sb...@peopledoc.com> on 2000/11/10 10:32:34 UTC

capturing javac failing

I want to send a mail if the javac task fails in my ant based build.
Is this possible?

Thanks.
Stuart.
Information in this email is confidential and may be privileged. It is
intended for the named addressee(s) only. If you have received it in
error please notify the sender immediately and delete it from your
system. You should not otherwise copy, retransmit, use or disclose its
contents to anyone.

Re: capturing javac failing

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@bost.de>.
Stuart Barlow <sb...@peopledoc.com> wrote:

> I want to send a mail if the javac task fails in my ant based build.
> Is this possible?

Yes, using a BuildListener, it might be a little bit tricky
though. Let me see, if Jyve works today, yes:

See
<http://jakarta.apache.org/jyve-faq/Turbine/screen/DisplayQuestionAnswer/action/SetAll/project_id/2/faq_id/16/topic_id/196/question_id/741>
for a start.

You'll probably want to track which task is currently running to see
whether it was a javac task that caused the BuildException if there is
one.

Stefan