Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jan Hoskens <jh...@schaubroeck.be> on 2004/11/23 08:55:18 UTC

Memory usage

Hi,

I'm working with cocoon 2.1.5. Yesterday I had some problems rendering a
pdf (fop). As I had some trouble before with memory usage, I know that
I'll have to check the size of the memory again. But I didn't have any
problems rendering pdf before. Now today I just restarted the tomcat and
tried again. This time no problems with pdf rendering. So here's the
question part:

- if the webapp is running for a longer period of time, will this affect
memory usage a lot?
- I'm using fop to generate pdf, I already buillt in some mechanism to
chop the larger xml files to smaller bits (ending page sequences sooner
to free up memory) but are there perhaps better alternatives?
- do I need to upgrade to 2.1.6 (ie are there enhancements in memory
usage/load)?

Kind Regards,
Jan

Re: Memory usage

Posted by Ralph Goers <Ra...@dslextreme.com>.
Jan Hoskens wrote:

> - do I need to upgrade to 2.1.6 (ie are there enhancements in memory
> usage/load)?

There was a problem with file handles continuing to grow that has been
fixed. I don't know if that would translate into memory usage problems
though.  I certainly would try it.

Ralph

Re: Memory usage

Posted by JD Daniels <jd...@datatrio.com>.
Not sure if this is related to your problems, but I had memory problems
with tables in my fo templates with fop. Cutting out  tables from my
stylesheets fixed the problem- I think it was fop related.

JD