Posted to mime4j-dev@james.apache.org by Norman Maurer <no...@googlemail.com> on 2011/05/15 20:50:01 UTC

Handling comments in headers

Hi there (especialy Oleg),

does current trunk of mime4j handle comments in headers in the right
way ? For example when parsing Addresses.

For example:

From: <user-from (comment)@ (comment) domain.org>

Thanks,
Norman

Ps: Any plans in release trunk in the near future ?

Re: Handling comments in headers

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 9:17 AM, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-05-16 at 08:07 +0200, Norman Maurer wrote:
>> Hi Oleg,
>>
>> I think my question was not "correct". I'm looking for a method to
>> retrieve the comments which were find while parsing the header. Is
>> this possible ? At least with 0.6.1 it seems not to be possible.
>>
>> Bye,
>> Norman
>>

> Hi Norman
>
> I do not think this is possible at the moment. Comments in fields have
> always been treated as 'noise' and simply discarded.
>
> I have been working on low level tokenizer routines (RawFieldParser
> class) that could be used to build custom parsers for mime fields. One
> could use those routines to extract comments.

sounds good :-)

Robert

Re: Handling comments in headers

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@googlemail.com>.
Cool,

thanks for the response. I think I will open a jira ticket (feature
request) for this :)

Thanks,
Norman

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.