Posted to users@maven.apache.org by John A Pershing Jr <pe...@alum.mit.edu> on 2009/10/08 23:51:33 UTC

Never mind: provided

Never mind; I figured it out.

Prior attempts at 'mvn clean' had reported an error, due to an open log
file in the target directory subtree (due, I think, to a running
instance of hsqldb that had been launched thru Maven).  What apparently
happened is that the error caused Maven to totally abort the clean
process, rather than cleaning everything that it could delete.  This
left a copy of the 'servlet-api' jar in the target directory tree, which
then got jarred up into the war file.  After killing hsqldb, 'mvn clean'
blew away the entire target subtree, so that a subsequent 'mvn package'
then worked correctly.

Sorry for the interruption -- we now return you to you regular
programming...

  -jp