Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Michael Richardson <mc...@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca> on 1997/08/27 05:20:06 UTC

config/1061: What modes is the scoreboard file created with? What should the directory modes for that directory be?

>Number:         1061
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       What modes is the scoreboard file created with? What should the directory modes for that directory be?
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Cannot open scoreboard file:
/ox/etc/httpd/logs/apache_runtime_status: Permission denied

I run as a user "loxwww". I had to make /ox/etc/httpd/logs a+rw, and touch and chmod loxwww the apache_runtime_status file
to get Apache to startup correct. I would have expected that just a+rw would do the trick, and then the file
would be created with an appropriate user, and then I could chmod to the right user (i'd have thought it
was either root or loxhttp). Yes, I am starting it was root.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
I'd like to know if I can enable HAVE_MMAP on NetBSD. I think I ought to be able to.
I'm happy to try any patches. Meanwhile, I'll try HAVE_MMAP and then just back out to my
working version