Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Pierfranco Lai <PL...@alteanet.it> on 2003/05/28 18:02:36 UTC

OJB System Test ISSUES

I've developed a application with Struts, OJB rc3, Oracle App Serv OC4J 903
and Oracle 8 DB.

Now I'm stress-testing the application with JMeter: 5 concurrent users with
3 different http request.

Some questions:

1)
It seems that the begin, commit and abort transaction funct have effect to
all the connections of the pool of the PB.
That's correct? I've followed a previous suggestion (open a PB before the
begin-tras and close it after the commit) but I does not work correcly.

2)
If a connection-pool is full, how can I prevent any operation before? I
mean: can I check if the broker can perform a query or an insert before to
do that?

Thanks
Pier

Re: OJB System Test ISSUES

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@code-au-lait.de>.
Hi Pier,

> I've developed a application with Struts, OJB rc3, Oracle App Serv
OC4J 903
> and Oracle 8 DB.
>
> Now I'm stress-testing the application with JMeter: 5 concurrent users
with
> 3 different http request.
>
> Some questions:
>
> 1)
> It seems that the begin, commit and abort transaction funct have
effect to
> all the connections of the pool of the PB.
How does it effect all connections?

> That's correct?
I don't hope so ;-)

> I've followed a previous suggestion (open a PB before the
> begin-tras and close it after the commit) but I does not work
correcly.

OJB was shipped with a simple multithreaded test. This test
does not point out any problems.
call 'bin\build.bat perf-test'

Do you use OJB within EJB's?

> 2)
> If a connection-pool is full, how can I prevent any operation before?
> mean: can I check if the broker can perform a query or an insert
before to
> do that?
(Don't know if I understand your question)
No, but you can setup different scenarios when pool is
exhausted:
- throw exception
- wait for next returned connection (recommended
only for multithreaded environments)
- grow

regards,
Armin