Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Alex Shneyderman <a....@gmail.com> on 2007/08/22 15:24:37 UTC

Archetype - how do I use it?

I downloaded the wicket source and compiled it and installed it in the
local m2 repo.
Now I wanted to create a fresh project and doing this:

alex@alex-laptop:~/wicket$  mvn archetype:create \
  -DgroupId=org.gricket  \
  -DartifactId=sample \
  -Dversion=1.0-SNAPSHOT \
  -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.wicket \
  -DarchetypeArtifactId=wicket-archetype-quickstart \
  -DarchetypVersion=1.0.3-SNAPSHOT

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'archetype'.
[INFO] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Building Maven Default Project
[INFO]    task-segment: [archetype:create] (aggregator-style)
[INFO] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Setting property: classpath.resource.loader.class =>
'org.codehaus.plexus.velocity.ContextClassLoaderResourceLoader'.
[INFO] Setting property: velocimacro.messages.on => 'false'.
[INFO] Setting property: resource.loader => 'classpath'.
[INFO] Setting property: resource.manager.logwhenfound => 'false'.
[INFO] **************************************************************
[INFO] Starting Jakarta Velocity v1.4
[INFO] RuntimeInstance initializing.
[INFO] Default Properties File:
org/apache/velocity/runtime/defaults/velocity.properties
[INFO] Default ResourceManager initializing. (class
org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.ResourceManagerImpl)
[INFO] Resource Loader Instantiated:
org.codehaus.plexus.velocity.ContextClassLoaderResourceLoader
[INFO] ClasspathResourceLoader : initialization starting.
[INFO] ClasspathResourceLoader : initialization complete.
[INFO] ResourceCache : initialized. (class
org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.ResourceCacheImpl)
[INFO] Default ResourceManager initialization complete.
[INFO] Loaded System Directive: org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Literal
[INFO] Loaded System Directive: org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Macro
[INFO] Loaded System Directive: org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Parse
[INFO] Loaded System Directive: org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Include
[INFO] Loaded System Directive: org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Foreach
[INFO] Created: 20 parsers.
[INFO] Velocimacro : initialization starting.
[INFO] Velocimacro : adding VMs from VM library template : VM_global_library.vm
[ERROR] ResourceManager : unable to find resource
'VM_global_library.vm' in any resource loader.
[INFO] Velocimacro : error using  VM library template
VM_global_library.vm :
org.apache.velocity.exception.ResourceNotFoundException: Unable to
find resource 'VM_global_library.vm'
[INFO] Velocimacro :  VM library template macro registration complete.
[INFO] Velocimacro : allowInline = true : VMs can be defined inline in templates
[INFO] Velocimacro : allowInlineToOverride = false : VMs defined
inline may NOT replace previous VM definitions
[INFO] Velocimacro : allowInlineLocal = false : VMs defined inline
will be  global in scope if allowed.
[INFO] Velocimacro : initialization complete.
[INFO] Velocity successfully started.
[INFO] [archetype:create]
[INFO] Defaulting package to group ID: org.gricket
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Error creating from archetype

Embedded error: Archetype does not exist: Unable to determine the
release version

Then, install it using the command:
    mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.wicket
-DartifactId=wicket-archetype-quickstart \
        -Dversion=RELEASE -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

  org.apache.wicket:wicket-archetype-quickstart:jar:RELEASE

[INFO] Total time: 1 second
[INFO] Finished at: Wed Aug 22 15:20:50 CEST 2007
[INFO] Final Memory: 6M/77M

Why errors? I know this might be a maven question but since you guys
are using it and I am sort of "forced" to use it (I am fuming here but
I will skip my frustration - does that shit [maven] ever work first
time one uses it?); I thought I might ask here.

Alex.

Re: Archetype - how do I use it?

Posted by Alex Shneyderman <a....@gmail.com>.
he, he spoke too soon. Maven does not suck :-)
works now.

Alex.

Re: Archetype - how do I use it?

Posted by Alex Shneyderman <a....@gmail.com>.