Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Geoff Longman <gl...@intelligentworks.com> on 2004/01/07 18:49:57 UTC

[SOLVED]Re: Is there another way to instantiate Global?

Here's how I fixed it.

create a lib dir under WEB-INF - put the perst jar there.

Open the Jetty run configuration and select the classpath tab.

uncheck "use default classpath"

remove the reference to perst.jar from the classpath - Jetty will pick it up
'cuz its in /lib

run it.

It should work fine.

The default behaviour of the Jetty Plugin is to add the all the entries in
the projects build path into the classpath that Jetty runs in. In this case
you don't want that to happen.

Geoff
Posted by "F. Da Costa" <da...@xs4all.nl>.
Geoff Longman wrote:

> Here's how I fixed it.
>
> create a lib dir under WEB-INF - put the perst jar there.
This is totally cool. You basically fixed it in the amount of the time it
takes me to whip up some food.

mentioning the /lib dir gves me a feel for the used to but not any more line.
The dirty project was *not* Spindleized *and* doubling for Tomcat as well
and for TC I needed to have the jars in place.
I can probably stop here, can't I?

> It should work fine.
It most definitely does.

Thx, again

Fermin

Re: [SOLVED]Re: Is there another way to instantiate Global?

Posted by Geoff Longman <gl...@intelligentworks.com>.
I woulda said D'oh!

:-)

Posted by Adam Greene <ag...@romulin.com>.