Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Andrew Robinson <ar...@apache.org> on 2010/08/25 00:14:43 UTC

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MPIR-194 is killing the build

I am having problems getting our maven site build to work in any but 2.0.8.

In builds after 2.0.8 (including maven 2.2.1), we are getting the
exception "java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1" (see below).
This appears to be the error in
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MPIR-194

[INFO] Generating "Continuous Integration" report.
[WARNING] Deprecated API called - not org.apache.maven.doxia.sink.Sink
instance and no SinkFactory available. Please update this plugin.
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO] 1
[DEBUG] Trace
	at org.apache.maven.doxia.module.xhtml.XhtmlSink.tableCell(XhtmlSink.java:791)

If I try to run a newer maven-site-plugin I hit other bugs.
For maven-site-plugin 2.1.1 and 2.1 I get the error for
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/DOXIA-394:

org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Invalid class
loader hierarchy.  You have more than one version of
'org.apache.commons.logging.Log' visible, which is not allowed.
(Caused by org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
Invalid class loader hierarchy.  You have more than one version of
'org.apache.commons.logging.Log' visible, which is not allowed.)
(Caused by org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Invalid class
loader hierarchy.  You have more than one version of
'org.apache.commons.logging.Log' visible, which is not allowed.
(Caused by org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
Invalid class loader hierarchy.  You have more than one version of
'org.apache.commons.logging.Log' visible, which is not allowed.))
	at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:543)

I have tried forcing maven 2.2.1 to use doxia 1.0 from maven 2.0.8,
but there seem to be too many plugins and master pom files and other
libraries that are forcing a newer doxia version.

I have a product that is being used by users and cannot use a maven
beta release (3.0) to try the 3.0-beta-1 site plugin version.

At one point I even hit http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSITE-440 and
not in offline mode.

I find it hard to believe with so many maven releases beyond 2.0.8
that there is no way to get the site plugin working. What magic
incantations do I need to perform to get a working site build in maven
2.2.1? I would really appreciate any help.

This did not work trying to force doxia 1.0:
        <plugin>
          <version>2.0.1</version>
        </plugin>
        <plugin>
          <version>2.4</version>
        </plugin>
        <plugin>
          <artifactId>maven-project-info-reports-plugin</artifactId>
          <version>2.1.2</version>
        </plugin>
        <plugin>
          <artifactId>maven-pmd-plugin</artifactId>
          <version>2.4</version>
        </plugin>

It looks like maybe internal jars to maven is forcing a newer doxia version?

Thank you,
Andrew

Re: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MPIR-194 is killing the build

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
Of course, right after I send the email I got it to work:

    <pluginManagement>
      <plugins>
        <plugin>
          <version>2.1.1</version>
          <dependencies>
            <dependency>
             <groupId>commons-httpclient</groupId>
             <artifactId>commons-httpclient</artifactId>
             <version>3.1</version>
             <exclusions>
               <exclusion>
                 <groupId>commons-logging</groupId>
               </exclusion>
             </exclusions>
           </dependency>
          </dependencies>
        </plugin>

The warnings still print, but the build succeeded.