Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by marcus dickerhof <ma...@googlemail.com> on 2007/12/14 17:43:33 UTC

Modal window problem in IE 6 (6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254)

Hi everybody,
I implemented a page that makes use of the ModalWindow component
(displays a details-panel).
I tested it in different browsers including IE 6, and it works fine.
Now I deployed it on our test-server so our client can view the site.
He has got a very tricky problem:

The modal window shows "without" any borders (PNGs + x-button) and the mask
will not work --> the window is not modal.
He can even open multiple modal windows.
I can sort of reproduce this by removing the modal.css file from the
wicket-extensions.jar (perhaps the relative path to the css causes a
problem???)
Do you have an idea if, the IE has got problems with the modal window?
Like I said, IE6 works fine at my work, but my customer has a problem with
it.
My customer does not have problems when using firefox, but IE is mandatory.

I would be very thankful, if you could help me with this one.
Thanks in advance.

Best regards
Marcus

RE: Modal window problem in IE 6 (6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254)

Posted by Stefan Lindner <li...@visionet.de>.
We had a similar problem with another framework: the dropdown menus did not work in som case. As if the javascript library (not the css as in your case, but I think it contains js too)was not loaded.
The cause was a firewall misconfiguration at the customer's side and in another case it was a personal firewall/virus scanner. Firefox worked fine, IE did not. Perhaps this my be a hint for you?

Stefan