Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2001/12/13 22:10:29 UTC

Is there any reason

to waste cycles on the insert_filters hook if we don't run a request?
Should this simply get pushed from ap_process_request_internal() into
ap_invoke_handler() as the first part of the handler-execution phase?

Re: Is there any reason

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.
On Thu, Dec 13, 2001 at 03:10:29PM -0600, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> to waste cycles on the insert_filters hook if we don't run a request?
> Should this simply get pushed from ap_process_request_internal() into
> ap_invoke_handler() as the first part of the handler-execution phase?

Seems reasonable to me. The intent was always to run that hook right before
the handling starts. It would let everything get set up in the request_rec,
and then people can make choices about whether to insert filters.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/