Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Sajith Vimukthi <Sa...@zone24x7.com> on 2008/11/27 05:55:06 UTC

Can a lucene document be used in solr?

Hi all,

Can someone of you all tell me whether  I can use a lucene document in solr?

Regards,

Sajith Vimukthi Weerakoon

Associate Software Engineer | ZONE24X7

| Tel: +94 11 2882390 ext 101 | Fax: +94 11 2878261 |

http://www.zone24x7.com

Re: Can a lucene document be used in solr?

Posted by "Aleksander M. Stensby" <al...@integrasco.no>.
Hello there,
  do you mean a lucene Document or do you mean if it is possible to use an
existing lucene index with solr?
In the latter case, the answer is yes, since solr is built on top of
lucene. But it requires you to configure your schema.xml to correlate to
the index-structure of your existing lucene index. On the question of
document, Solr will take what is called a SolrInputDocument as input if
you are using solrj, or xml if you are using http. Don't know if that
answered your question or not..
  Regards,
  Aleksander

--