Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by fadams <fr...@blueyonder.co.uk> on 2011/07/21 10:28:43 UTC

Is it possible to bind every message hitting a headers exchange to a queue

Say I've got a producer writing to a headers exchange publishing messages
with headers I may want to select on.

Most of my consumers want to be selective and bind based on specific
x-match: all terms

However I may want some specific clients to just consume all published
messages.

Obviously if there's a header that gets set for all messages then I could
bind using that, but I was wondering if it's possible to unselectively
deliver messages published to a headers exchange to a given queue.

Cheers,
Fraser

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: Is it possible to bind every message hitting a headers exchange to a queue

Posted by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com>.
On 07/21/2011 04:28 AM, fadams wrote:
> Say I've got a producer writing to a headers exchange publishing messages
> with headers I may want to select on.
>
> Most of my consumers want to be selective and bind based on specific
> x-match: all terms
>
> However I may want some specific clients to just consume all published
> messages.
>
> Obviously if there's a header that gets set for all messages then I could
> bind using that, but I was wondering if it's possible to unselectively
> deliver messages published to a headers exchange to a given queue.

 From the code it looks like if you bind with x-match:all and no other
properties that would do it. Haven't tried it though.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org