Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Ing. Manfred Pock" <po...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/16 16:28:22 UTC

Grayscale and PCL-Output

Hello,

i need for the PCL-output format the possibility to print grayscale images
(svg, and so one) and different backgroundcolours in tables.
Is there a way to implement this and if it is required i can to it by my
self, but i don't know how. Can anybody help me with this problem.

best regards, manfred

Re: Grayscale and PCL-Output

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
FOP currently only supports black & white PCL5. No support for grayscale
or color. But grayscale and color images should already be properly
rastered by FOP. So I'm not exactly sure that we're on the same page
here. Maybe you can illustrate the problem with a scan of a printed PCL
page.

Of course, you could always start adding support for the PCL 5C
extensions or implement support for PCL6. The first thing is to study
the PCL specifications:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=bpl04568&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN#A1
(scroll to the bottom for the links to the various PCL 5 documents)

The code for the PCL renderer is found in
src/java/org/apache/fop/render/pcl in the code repository.

But before you start hacking, we should probably find out if any change
is really necessary (see above).

On 16.03.2009 16:28:22 Ing. Manfred Pock wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i need for the PCL-output format the possibility to print grayscale images
> (svg, and so one) and different backgroundcolours in tables.
> Is there a way to implement this and if it is required i can to it by my
> self, but i don't know how. Can anybody help me with this problem.
>
> best regards, manfred

Jeremias Maerki