Posted to user@struts.apache.org by yacout dadoun <ya...@hotmail.com> on 2004/10/06 23:30:06 UTC

Anyone succeeded using validator in struts1.2.4 ?

>From: "yacout dadoun" <ya...@hotmail.com>
>To: user@struts.apache.org
>Subject: Trouble with struts validator
>Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 15:54:36 +0000
>
>Hi,
>
>I'm trying to use the struts validator, i have created a simple form with
>few inputs, i'd like to oblige the user to enter values into inputs.
>I therefore :
>1-added the validator pluing to strus-config.xml
>2-added the action mapping with the path set to test, the type set to the
>path of the action form called TestAction, the name set to testForm,
>validate set to true and inut set the the jsp file called siteForm.jsp and
>forwards success and failure
>3-created the TestAction.java taht extends Action and returns success
>4-created the TestForm bean that extends ValidatorAction
>5-created the testform.jsp  added <html:errors/>whose fomr id is testForm
>6-get teh applictaion.properties file from the struts blank project
>7-in the validation.xml added the formset where the name is testForm and
>properties are required
>
>However no errors is displayed
>
>Any idea PLS
>
>Thanks

>Take advantage of powerful junk e-mail filters built on patented MicrosoftŽ
>SmartScreen Technology.
>http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines
>  Start enjoying all the benefits of MSNŽ Premium right now and get the
>first two months FREE*.

Designer Mail isn't just fun to send, it's fun to receive. Use special
stationery, fonts and colors.

RE: Anyone succeeded using validator in struts1.2.4 ?

Posted by "David G. Friedman" <hu...@ix.netcom.com>.
Have you tried using something other than <html:errors/> ?

Such as:

   <%= error %>

See the Wiki for what I mean, section 1.4:
http://wiki.apache.org/struts/StrutsBeginnerValidatorFramework

Regards,
David