Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by "Shute, James" <ja...@lehman.com> on 2006/04/06 10:24:42 UTC

Project specific build.properties for Maven1 build

Hi,

Just started using Continuum and am really liking it, but have just 1
small issue I can't seem to find an answer to.

One of our projects, which is built using Maven 1, needs a machine
specific property set (it's an absolute path to a specific file), so
that goes in build.properties in the project dir and each developer sets
it to the correct value for their box.  It's potentially different on
each box, hence it can't go in project.properties.

Now I tried fixing our build under Continuum by adding the
build.properties file with the value set into the working area, but next
time a CVS update happens during the build that file gets wiped out and
the build fails again.

For now I've got it working by putting the setting in the system wide
build.properties file, but that's not an ideal solution as this property
is only really relevant to this 1 project.

Is there some way round this, or shall I file a JIRA?

thanks

James

Re: Project specific build.properties for Maven1 build

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
I think you can put your property in project.properties and maven1 on continuum machine will use it.
For developers, the value define in their build.properties will override the value in
project.properties.

An other solution would be to add the property on the m1 command line via the build definition of
your project.

Emmanuel