Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by Buddy Lumpkin <bu...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/04 19:27:37 UTC

Using python-thrift with web server?

Hi All,

I recently started coding a collection of services using python and
thrift. I figured the examples had you use the built in http server
and client because it amounted to a shorter way to getting to a
working example. When I looked further, I was unable to find any
information on using apache2 to handle requests and only use thrift
for serialization/marshaling/RPC. Is there a standard way to do this?

Also, what tends to be the most scalable and robust method for using
python and thrift together?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

--Buddy

Re: Using python-thrift with web server?

Posted by Bryan Pham <br...@cloudtenna.com>.
Hi Buddy,

Thrift generated binding into python's tornado & twisted frameworks.  You
might want to generate those bindings to make thrift works well with thrift
services.  You can always generate direct python bindings and write
services for each of those binding calls.

We're currently using tornado (handlers) -> python thrift client service ->
c++ thrift server implementation.

Best,
Bryan

--