Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@kluge.net> on 2004/06/27 19:47:08 UTC

Bugzilla License display update

As I was already updating websites this morning due to the SVN repository
location change, I decided to go update Bugzilla as well.

- Added in &reg; (registered trademark) symbols in the few locations
  where we specify the project name in the Bugzilla files.
- Made the "you agree to these licensing terms" section more noticable
- Removed the pre-3.0 licensing information from that section
- Moved that section from the local_contrib_cert.pl script to a more
  generic template/en/custom/SALICENSE.html file which is included both
  when logging in, and when creating a new bugzilla account.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"A two party system is kind-of like a two stroke engine. Alot is wasted

Re: Bugzilla License display update

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@kluge.net>.
On Sun, Jun 27, 2004 at 08:09:51PM -0400, Theo Van Dinter wrote:
> I did look for a (tm) html entity but didn't see one listed.  I'll go
> change them to do something appropriate then.

Ok, it's now (tm) in small superscript. ;)

It's only listed in the "you agree to" section and the index page btw.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"I wonder if they'd use a cow as a heat shield for a space rocket...  Make it

Re: Bugzilla License display update

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@kluge.net>.
On Sun, Jun 27, 2004 at 05:03:04PM -0700, Dan Quinlan wrote:
> I'm not 100% sure the trademarks are "registered" yet, they might still
> be in the application phase or whatever it's called.  Also, my
> not-a-lawyer understanding is that the &reg; is mostly informational
> (basically bragging), but I know a lot less about trademarks than
> copyright.

Hrm.  I thought a "trademark" was short for "registered trademark".
Although I guess there wouldn't be a (tm) and a (r) then, huh?

I did look for a (tm) html entity but didn't see one listed.  I'll go
change them to do something appropriate then.

:)

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
:  I've heard that there is a shell (bourne or csh) to perl filter, does

Re: Bugzilla License display update

Posted by Daniel Quinlan <qu...@pathname.com>.
Theo Van Dinter <fe...@kluge.net> writes:

> - Added in &reg; (registered trademark) symbols in the few locations
>   where we specify the project name in the Bugzilla files.

I'm not 100% sure the trademarks are "registered" yet, they might still
be in the application phase or whatever it's called.  Also, my
not-a-lawyer understanding is that the &reg; is mostly informational
(basically bragging), but I know a lot less about trademarks than
copyright.

Everything else sounds good.  :-)

--
Daniel Quinlan