Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Holger Rieß <ho...@cbs.ag> on 2004/11/25 11:03:43 UTC

HSQLDB and flat text files

Hi all,

is it possible to create (and read from) flat text files with OJB and
the HSQLDB database?
I get a lot of data from an ERP system as CSV files and dont't want to
convert them.
Is there an OJB property I can control the processing of TEXT tables with?

Every advise will be helpful.
Thanks Holger

Re: HSQLDB and flat text files

Posted by Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.fhg.de>.
Holger Rieß wrote:

> is it possible to create (and read from) flat text files with OJB and
> the HSQLDB database?
> I get a lot of data from an ERP system as CSV files and dont't want to
> convert them.
> Is there an OJB property I can control the processing of TEXT tables
> with?
>
> Every advise will be helpful.

You could try the CsvJdbc driver (http://csvjdbc.sourceforge.net/) but I
have no experience with it and cannot tell you which platform you have
to use though it could work with Hsqldb or Mysql if you only use basic
stuff.

Tom