Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/23 19:21:45 UTC

Proposal: Get ready to release commons

I'm proposing that we get ready to release myfaces-commons.  This
doesn't require announcments to the newsgroups or anything.  We just
need to officially release it before we release the core.

I'm thinking we create an svn branch now (for commons only.)  We keep
the version on the branch as 1.1.2-SNAPSHOT and change the version on
the trunk to 1.1.3-SNAPSHOT.  The nightly builds and our local
checkouts will basically be building against the 1.1.2 snapshot.  We
can take an informal vote and then release it.

There are a few other steps (signing the jars, etc.) but we can cross
those shortly.  For now I think we should make the branch and "lock"
the code down.  No more major changes to commons would go into this
release.

Thoughts?

Sean

Re: Proposal: Get ready to release commons

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Grant.  I had a lot of help from Bernd and Bruno on this one as well.

Sean

Posted by Grant Smith <wo...@gmail.com>.

--
Grant Smith

Re: Proposal: Get ready to release commons

Posted by Simon Kitching <sk...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 2006-01-23 at 13:21 -0500, Sean Schofield wrote:
> I'm proposing that we get ready to release myfaces-commons.  This
> doesn't require announcments to the newsgroups or anything.  We just
> need to officially release it before we release the core.
>
> I'm thinking we create an svn branch now (for commons only.)  We keep
> the version on the branch as 1.1.2-SNAPSHOT and change the version on
> the trunk to 1.1.3-SNAPSHOT.  The nightly builds and our local
> checkouts will basically be building against the 1.1.2 snapshot.  We
> can take an informal vote and then release it.
>
> There are a few other steps (signing the jars, etc.) but we can cross
> those shortly.  For now I think we should make the branch and "lock"
> the code down.  No more major changes to commons would go into this
> release.
>
> Thoughts?

I'd just like to express a little unease at this. There have been some
good reasons expressed for why a commons jar may not be a good long-term
solution. It may be a little embarrassing to release a commons jar now,
only to remove the concept again in later releases.

However I acknowledge that no-one has a better solution *ready to go*
right now.

Regards,

Simon

Re: Proposal: Get ready to release commons

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
Actually we need to release the "maven" project before commons.  I
assumer there are no objections to this either.

@Wendy: Where should I publish the production maven stuff so that it
gets picked up by ibiblio?  Which directory in minotaur?

Sean

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
yeah!

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.