Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Rokariya, Raman" <Ra...@fmr.com> on 2006/08/31 06:50:18 UTC

Retrieve Data From WebServer

Hi,

I am developing web client using Struts Framework. I am facing a problem
in following scenario.

I have an arraylist of Data , which is populated in Table Grid using
Display-Tag library. The first time when the page appears, the data
comes from the Database.

It is working fine for the first time . However, my page refreshes after
some interval , say 5 mins, during subsequent refreshes, I don't want
that the data should again come through the Database call. I have tried
using ThreadLocal utitity, however it doesn't work.

I have tried using JSP Session object, and it worked. However, I want to
avoid the use of Session object in the project.

Any solution/Ideas would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Raman