Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Julian Foad <ju...@btopenworld.com> on 2008/08/15 00:50:51 UTC

Merge notification 'U' for interactive resolution - not 'G'?

When "svn merge" pops up my 3-way merge tool (kdiff3) and I resolve the
conflicts and save, it then reports 'U' as the notification for the file
that I've just helped it to merge. Isn't it supposed to report 'G' like
it does when it merges a file with no help from me?

I'm asking from the point of view of what we want the user's experience
to be, not about why the implementation currently prints 'U'.

- Julian

Re: Merge notification 'U' for interactive resolution - not 'G'?

Posted by Julian Foad <ju...@btopenworld.com>.
On Fri, 2008-08-15 at 01:50 +0100, Julian Foad wrote:
> When "svn merge" pops up my 3-way merge tool (kdiff3) and I resolve the
> conflicts and save, it then reports 'U' as the notification for the file
> that I've just helped it to merge. Isn't it supposed to report 'G' like
> it does when it merges a file with no help from me?

Huh... Scratch that. I'll get back with a proper report when I figure
out exactly what I'm seeing.

- Julian