Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by tycho brahe <t_...@hotmail.com> on 2003/10/17 23:19:55 UTC

German umlaut characters

I've seen a few postings on this subject, but I'd really like to know
why the lowercase umlaut äö work fine,  if you
do the ...

byte[] bytes = utfStringFromXindice.getBytes("iso-8859-1");
String latin-1 = new String (bytes, "UTF-8"); ...

conversion while the uppercase umlaut letters ÄÖ both turn into one and the
same
Ă?  sequence.

,but most of I'd like to know if there is a practical way out of this fix.
I'm using xinidce 1.1b1 and xml-rpc 1.1

greetings, Tycho