Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/20 17:49:22 UTC

[ANN] Release Candidate

Hi Folks,

the latested RC can be found at the following location
http://people.apache.org/~rajith/qpid-release/RC1/

Please give it a spin and let us know your comments.

Cliff can you please take a peak and check the legal side ?

Regards,

Rajith

Re: [ANN] Release Candidate

Posted by Martin Ritchie <ri...@apache.org>.
On 20/11/06, Cliff Schmidt <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/20/06, Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 3. The DISCLAIMER file has the incubating notice in it.  I thought
> that the incubator docs say to put this in the README, not a separate
> doc.  I haven't looked at them in a while, but that's what I recall.
> Sorry can't verify that at the moment, but you might want to check
> that.

Quoting from robert burrell donkin discussing the OpenJPA release:

>> I don't see any
>> mention of including the DISCLAIMER file ... is there somewhere else
>> that mentions that that file should be included in jars (or other
>> binary artifacts)?
>
>you won't find it since this is not a general requirement for apache
>releases :-)
>
>the IPMC requires a disclaimer text is distributed with each artifact.
>i guessed that since openjpa uses a DISCLAIMER.txt that it would make
>sense to include this. feel free to shoot me down if you already
>include the disclaimer in some other form.

Full email at:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/200611.mbox/%3cf470f68e0611180649k1d1e7ea7he71ede29c9d146e3@mail.gmail.com%3e

If it isn't a general requirement then I guess we don't need it but it
seems like a good thing to have separate from the README as it at
least to me stands out more.
--
Martin Ritchie

Re: [ANN] Release Candidate

Posted by Martin Ritchie <ri...@apache.org>.
1 & 2. The duplication was due to the ant target being run on a dirty
working directory. I have a fix that will prevent that occurring that
I am in the process of testing.

3 Should now be addressed if we put a licence.amqp.txt file in the
spec directory.

--
Martin Ritchie

Re: [ANN] Release Candidate

Posted by Marnie McCormack <ma...@googlemail.com>.
Thanks Carl - that's great.

Marnie

Re: [ANN] Release Candidate

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.

Re: [ANN] Release Candidate

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
Marnie,

I believe that I have all the documentation I need for to correct it. I
will do so.

Carl.

Re: [ANN] Release Candidate

Posted by Marnie McCormack <ma...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Cliff,

Re: [ANN] Release Candidate

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
Cliff Schmidt wrote:
> On 11/20/06, Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hey Cliff,
>>
>> Thanks for the great feedback. I will start working on these items.
>> I will wait for a full review by you (and others as well) before
>> cutting another RC.
>> Hopefully if I receive all the feedback today I could do it at night
>> or maybe first thing in the morning.
>
> Here's the only other stuff I came up with during a more thorough review:
>
> 1. For some reason there's a duplicate set of LICENSE in the /java
> directory of the -src distro.  While not needed, it's okay to be there
> as long as you keep it in synch with the root copy.
>
> 2. The src distribution seems to have two specs directory, one at the
> root and one in /src.  Was this intentional?
>
> 3. The spec license also needs to be mentioned in the LICENSE file
> just like the other licenses.
>
> 4.  And this is the most significant item: the license for the spec
> appears to still not include the right to 'distribute'.  I pointed
> this issue out when this project was being proposed.  It definitely
> needs to be fixed before including the spec in an Apache distribution.

I will fix this point 4.
Carl.

Re: [ANN] Release Candidate

Posted by Cliff Schmidt <cl...@gmail.com>.

Re: [ANN] Release Candidate

Posted by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hey Cliff,

Re: [ANN] Release Candidate

Posted by Cliff Schmidt <cl...@gmail.com>.

Re: [ANN] Release Candidate

Posted by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Folks,

Just to clarify, I didn't name the new Release Candidate as RC2 since
it was only a minor script change.

So it's still reffered to as RC1.
I appologize for any confusion this might have caused.

Regards,

Rajith