Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Jeff Chan <je...@surbl.org> on 2006/11/01 13:43:52 UTC

Re: R: Age of a domain name - a new test?

On Tuesday, October 31, 2006, 11:24:35 AM, John Hardin wrote:
> On Tue, 31 Oct 2006, Kenneth Porter wrote:

>> --On Tuesday, October 31, 2006 8:28 AM +0100 Giampaolo Tomassoni
>> <Gi...@Tomassoni.biz> wrote:
>>
>> > Ok. Why not combine an age check with Hardin's "spam-friendly registar"
>> > plugin?
>>
>> Where can I find out more about this plugin? I searched the wiki for
>> "registrar" and it doesn't turn up.

> I haven't really offically "released" it yet.

> http://www.impsec.org/~jhardin/SURBL_registrar/

FWIW I attemped to speed read John's code in about 2 seconds but
could not determine what ti had to do with SURBLs.  Maybe John
can clarify?

Jeff C.
--
Jeff Chan
mailto:jeffc@surbl.org

Re: R: Age of a domain name - a new test?

Posted by "John D. Hardin" <jh...@impsec.org>.
On Wed, 1 Nov 2006, Jeff Chan wrote:

> > I haven't really offically "released" it yet.
>
> > http://www.impsec.org/~jhardin/SURBL_registrar/
>
> FWIW I attemped to speed read John's code in about 2 seconds but
> could not determine what ti had to do with SURBLs.  Maybe John
> can clarify?

The DNS server version was intended to be donated to SURBL for public
use. Unfortunately names have an inertia all their own.

--
 John Hardin KA7OHZ    ICQ#15735746    http://www.impsec.org/~jhardin/
 jhardin@impsec.org    FALaholic #11174    pgpk -a jhardin@impsec.org