Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Daniel Yacob Mekonnen <ya...@rcn.com> on 2000/10/13 16:44:58 UTC

Perl: SOAP-Autoload

Greetings,

I've just joined the list and would like to avoid retreading old ground.
To this end can someone direct me to list archives please?  Thanks.

If I haven't reinvented the wheel, then I may have something of interest
to Perl developers working with SOAP.

  http://yacob.org/SOAP-Autoload-0.10.tar.gz
   ftp://yacob.org/pub/.work/SOAP/SOAP-Autoload-0.10.tar.gz

In a nutshell the package extends Perl's Autoload functionality to
transparently make remote method calls thru a SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Client.
The objective of the package is, to the extent possible, allow remote
classes to be used as if they local.  The SOAP mechanics are hidden away
just one more level.

/Daniel

RE: Perl: SOAP-Autoload

Posted by Tony Hong <th...@xmethods.net>.
This feature is also present in Paul Kulchenko's  SOAP::Lite for Perl.
It's available on CPAN , or at
http://www.geocities.com/paulclinger/soap.html .

It sounds like your package is great if you are using Developmentor's Perl
SOAP implementatation.  Paul's package is actually a completely separate
implementation.

- Tony

RE: Perl: SOAP-Autoload