Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/10 17:10:17 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Camel 1.6.3 Release

The older Camel 1.x [1] is still in use and very stable but a few issues have been fixed over the past six months since the last release. Therefore we thought appropriate to issue a new 1.6.3 maintenance release [2] which comes with 39 issues resolved (see release notes [3]) such as:

	• Use UTF-8 as the default charset
	• Locale independent upper case in Getter/Setter introspection
	• Backport per message priority and expiration from 2.x in JMS
	• Fix for sending to wrong address in the Mail component
	• Fix for asynchronous processing in DLC endpoint breaking message handling
	• OSGi related fixes
	• Fix multithreading bug that caused getBody() to sporadically return null
	• Fixes in the CXF, File, XSLT, JDBC, JPA components

Many thanks to all who contributed and all of you who entrust our Camel to haul your messages. Download [4] Camel now and enjoy the ride!
Hadrian

[1] http://camel.apache.org/
[2] http://camel.apache.org/2010/06/10/camel-163-released.html
[3] http://camel.apache.org/camel-163-release.html