Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Werner Schalk <we...@gmx.de> on 2002/06/03 22:11:25 UTC

configure option for dedicated user/group

Hello,

I'm quite new to apache 2.x and I'm trying
to stick around with all the massive new
options and configure possibilities.

Now my question is whether it is possible
to define a special user and group apache
should run as while executing the configure
script? I remember there was such an option
in 1.3 like --server-uid=local_user and
--server-gid=some_group or something?

Thanks in advice,
Werner Schalk

Re: configure option for dedicated user/group

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Mon, 3 Jun 2002, Werner Schalk wrote:
> Now my question is whether it is possible
> to define a special user and group apache
> should run as while executing the configure
> script? I remember there was such an option
> in 1.3 like --server-uid=local_user and
> --server-gid=some_group or something?

I don't remember for sure (configure --help should tell you), but it is
not really important.  Just compile apache normally and then go edit the
created httpd.conf and change the User and Group directives to whatever
you want.

Joshua.