Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Mansour Al Akeel <ma...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/19 13:29:19 UTC

Configuration mapping and maven transitive dependencies

I have this configurations:

   <configurations >
	<conf name="default" />
	<conf name="compile" extends="default" />
	<conf name="build" />
	<conf name="test" />
    </configurations>

    <dependencies>
	<dependency org="org.apache.openjpa" name="openjpa-all" rev="2.1.1"
conf="default" />
	<!-- <dependency org="org.apache.ant" name="ant-junit" rev="1.8.2"
conf="*->plugin" /> -->
    </dependencies>

When I retrieve deps, I get only the specified dependency. However if
I remove the conf part, I get all transitive dependencies:
	<dependency org="org.apache.openjpa" name="openjpa-all" rev="2.1.1"  />

The problem, this will retrieve for all configurations.
The only option I found is to map default to "*" like this:
<dependency org="org.apache.openjpa" name="openjpa-all" rev="2.1.1"
conf="default->*" />

based on my understanding, this maps the current configuration in this
project (default), to "*" in maven !!
But how do I know what scope available in maven to properly map to.
For example conf="default->compile" wont work.
I thought maven default scope is compile !

Thank you.