Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by femski <hy...@yahoo.com> on 2007/07/24 13:38:05 UTC

Dependency injection of remote EJB in Tomcat 6.0

Hi Folks !

I am trying to a a reference to a remote EJB3 session bean injected in a JSF
Backing bean in Tomcat 6.0. It looks like this:

@EJB(name="testJbossEar/helloWorld/remote")

Session bean looks like:

@Stateless
public class helloWorld implements HelloWorldRemote

This works in bundled JBoss/Tomcat. But not in standalone Tomcat.

Is dependency injection supported in Tomcat version 6.0 ? If so how do you
get it to inject a remote reference ? I understand its not standardized. But
even a non-standard way with little bit of external xml configuration is ok.
I won't mind using a DI framework like Spring or Guice - if thats what it
takes. Because JNDI lookup is a mess.

thanks,

-Sanjay