Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org> on 2010/03/30 15:14:49 UTC

[Client-API] Moving client-api to shared

hello guys,

        I have created a new LdapConnection class based on CoreSession
after Emmanuel's idea of having LdapConnection implementations based
on
        CoreSession and a network layer. Now there is a factory
implementation for getting the appropriate connection (this code is
yet to be committed).

        This new connection implementation can be used without
starting a LdapServer (ideal for tests inside core-integ)

        As we want to use client-api in all the tests we are thinking
of moving the client-api to shared and rename shared.

        wdyt?

       P.S:- as this code reorg is specific to ApacheDS I haven't sent
this to api@d.a.o

Kiran Ayyagari

Re: [Client-API] Moving client-api to shared

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 5:36 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>wrote:

> As we want to use client-api in all the tests we are thinking
>
>> of moving the client-api to shared and rename shared.
>>>

>> This is a chicken and egg problem as they both depends on each other.
>> How are you going to rename shared ?
>>

>>>      wdyt?
>>>

>> +1 for the move to shared
>> +0 for the rename of shared.
>>

> IMO, shared *is* the API, client and server. If we are to rename it, I
> would suggest ldap-api. Shared means nothing anyway.

I agree with you 100% but we need to put shared into order if we are going
to really release this thing.  There's a lot of package disorder and cleanup
required.

Alex Karasulu
Apache MINA :: http://mina.apache.org

Re: [Client-API] Moving client-api to shared

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
As we want to use client-api in all the tests we are thinking
>> of moving the client-api to shared and rename shared.
>>
> This is a chicken and egg problem as they both depends on each other.
> How are you going to rename shared ?
>

>>       wdyt?
>>
> +1 for the move to shared
> +0 for the rename of shared.

IMO, shared *is* the API, client and server. If we are to rename it, I
would suggest ldap-api. Shared means nothing anyway.

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.nextury.com

Re: [Client-API] Moving client-api to shared

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
Ok, I see.

+1

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ay...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
Hi Kiran,

On 30 mars 2010, at 15:14, Kiran Ayyagari wrote:

> hello guys,
>
>      I have created a new LdapConnection class based on CoreSession
> after Emmanuel's idea of having LdapConnection implementations based
> on
>      CoreSession and a network layer. Now there is a factory
> implementation for getting the appropriate connection (this code is
> yet to be committed).
>
>      This new connection implementation can be used without
> starting a LdapServer (ideal for tests inside core-integ)
>
>      As we want to use client-api in all the tests we are thinking
> of moving the client-api to shared and rename shared.

This is a chicken and egg problem as they both depends on each other.
How are you going to rename shared ?

>      wdyt?

+1 for the move to shared
+0 for the rename of shared.