Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com> on 2014/10/25 00:54:35 UTC

Experiences with repairs using vnodes

I was wondering if anybody had any specific experiences with repair and bootstrapping new nodes after switching to vnodes that they could share here (or email me privately.) I mean, how was the performance of repair and bootstrap impacted, cluster reliability, cluster load, ease of maintaining the cluster, more confidence in maintaining the cluster, or... whatever else may have been impacted. IOW, what actual benefit/change did you experience firsthand. Thanks!

-- Jack Krupansky

Re: Experiences with repairs using vnodes

Posted by Yuki Morishita <mo...@gmail.com>.
If anyone used incremental repair feature in 2.1 environment with
vnodes, I'd like to hear how it is doing.
Validation is the main time consuming part of repair, and it should be
much better after you switch to incremental.

I did some experiment regarding CASSANDRA-5220 like doing repairing
some ranges together, but it just hammers node hard with little gain.
So if incremental repair is working as expected, I'll happy to won't fix #5220.

--
Yuki Morishita
 t:yukim (http://twitter.com/yukim)

Re: Experiences with repairs using vnodes

Posted by Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>.