Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Mark Eggers <it...@yahoo.com> on 2002/09/04 21:19:53 UTC

Xindice as an NT Service

Folks,

I didn't see this in the archives, so I thought I
would hack together something.

I found starting and stopping Xindice via batch files
to be annoying.  I borrowed an idea from Tomcat
(before the ntservice install was available) and
mangled it to work with Xindice.

I used the JavaService package from:

http://www.alexandriasc.com/software/JavaService

I then hacked together the included batch file, to be
placed in %JAVASERVICE_HOME%\bin, where
%JAVASERVICE_HOME% is the root directory of the
JavaService installation.

It's ugly and all of the error conditions have NOT
been tested.  I am NOT a DOS batch file writer.
However it works on my machine, which is the
following:

Windows/2000 - lastest security patches
JSDK 1.3.1_04
Xindice 1.0

%XINDICE_HOME% and %JAVA_HOME% must be set for this
batch file to work, and it SHOULD scream about that.

Usage can be obtained by typing:

xindicesvc

at the command line.

I hope this is useful for someone.