Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "SanJ.SANJAY" <gi...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/12 20:17:02 UTC

Action mapping issue while Integrating S2 and S1

Procedure I followed.

1. Added all the latest jars to WEB-INF/lib
2. Updated web.xml
3. Created struts.xml under WEB-INF folder.
4. Defined action class in
Now If I put S2 tags in my existing S1 jsp pages they compile fine and
produce results.
The issue that I have now is with Action mappings. My folder structure is
like that

S1:
src/com/cec/struts/x/y/z/...

S2:
src/com/cec/struts2/actions/...

Now for S1 mapping is taken care in struts-config.xml file but for S2 I
update struts.xml file.

I am getting error like that :
There is no Action mapped for action name xyz

I have defined my action in src/com/cec/struts2/reportIndex.java
JSP is in web/jsp/reportIndex.jsp

struts.xml file looks like this
<struts>

    <package name="struts2" namespace="/struts2" extends="struts-default">
    	<action name="reportIndex" class="com.cec.struts2.reportIndex">
    		<result>/jsp/reportIndex.jsp</result>
    	</action>
    </package>

</struts>

In the browser , I invoke application as:
http://localhost:8080/appcontext/com/cec/struts2/reportIndex.action

And it throws error that I mentioned above.

14:12:14,875 WARN  [Dispatcher] Could not find action or result There is no
Action mapped for action name struts2. - [unknown location]         at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionProxy.prepare(DefaultActionProxy.java:177)
at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionProxyFactory.createActionProxy(DefaultActionProxyFactory.java:59)
at
org.apache.struts2.rest.RestActionProxyFactory.createActionProxy(RestActionProxyFactory.java:40)
at
org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher.serviceAction(Dispatcher.java:458)
at
org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.FilterDispatcher.doFilter(FilterDispatcher.java:395)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)

Re: Action mapping issue while Integrating S2 and S1

Posted by "SanJ.SANJAY" <gi...@gmail.com>.
Ok thanks Dave, I have run standalone S2 from the SampleApplication that
comes with the source code and which runs fine. Yes, I have the devMode
turned on and tried removing it and it gave the same error.
Also am not using any logging of XWorks yet.

In my current application(existing S1), the PATH is like this

appContext/src/com/cec/struts1/actions/...

and WEB-INF is:
appContext/web/WEB-INF/...

So for S1, struts-config.xml always resolve the actions when I access as
http://localhost:8080/appContext/action.do

But strangely S2 can't access the S2 actions from
"appContext/src/com/cec/struts2/actions/"
when I try to access like this

http://localhost:8080/appContext/someAction.action

Also I can use and execute the S2 tags in existing S1 jsp pages. So its
confusing....

RE: Preserving Action Messages during redirect action

Posted by "Sundararaman, Anand" <An...@ps.net>.
Thanks Felipe,
   This was quick. I will incorporate the Interceptor and check it out.

Thanks,
Anand

Posted by Felipe Fraga <fe...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "SanJ.SANJAY" <gi...@gmail.com>.
Ok, thanks Dave I will try that.

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
SanJ.SANJAY wrote:
> I'm sorry if I've offended you in anyway.

Not offended, frustrated.

> chapterOne, chapterTwo are in the StrutsInAction.war that comes
 > with struts 2 distribution.

I'm not aware that there's anything called StrutsInAction.war shipped
with the Struts 2 distribution; must have missed that one somehow.

Dave

Re: Action mapping issue while Integrating S2 and S1

Posted by "SanJ.SANJAY" <gi...@gmail.com>.
I'm sorry if I've offended you in anyway. chapterOne, chapterTwo are in the
StrutsInAction.war that comes with struts 2 distribution.  As I said I
finally was able to run new component in this Sample Application and the
issue was Eclipse and Jboss.

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by "SanJ.SANJAY" <gi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by "SanJ.SANJAY" <gi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by "SanJ.SANJAY" <gi...@gmail.com>.
Please use a new thread for this issue. The problem addressed here is totally
diffirent from yours.

Posted by "SanJ.SANJAY" <gi...@gmail.com>.
Ok,

    I was able to run and test the Sample Application that comes with struts
distribution named StrutsInAction. Now I tried to add a new component to
test and see if I could atleast run and see if it works atleast here. I
wrote it exactly the same as other elements in the sample application like
new namespace chapterZero etc etc..ditto. But to my dismay this new
component still does'nt work...?

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
SanJ.SANJAY wrote:
> ??

Was there more?

Dave

Re: Action mapping issue while Integrating S2 and S1

Posted by "SanJ.SANJAY" <gi...@gmail.com>.
??

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by "SanJ.SANJAY" <gi...@gmail.com>.
In my already existing S1 i had aplication-context.xml and for S2 I am using
another applicationContext.xml...would this be causing the problem? Also the
server log always says:

10:17:01,963 INFO  [XmlConfigurationProvider] Parsing configuration file
[struts-default.xml]
10:17:02,197 INFO  [XmlConfigurationProvider] Parsing configuration file
[struts-plugin.xml]
0:17:02,229 INFO  [XmlConfigurationProvider] Unable to locate configuration
files of the name struts.xml, skipping0:17:02,229 INFO
[XmlConfigurationProvider] Parsing configuration file [struts.xml]
0:17:02,229 INFO  [BeanSelectionProvider] Choosing bean (spring) for class
com.opensymphony.xwork2.ObjectFactory
0:17:02,229 INFO  [BeanSelectionProvider] Choosing bean (struts) for class
com.opensymphony.xwork2.conversion.impl.XWorkConverter
0:17:02,229 INFO  [BeanSelectionProvider] Choosing bean (struts) for
interface com.opensymphony.xwork2.TextProvider
0:17:02,229 INFO  [BeanSelectionProvider] Choosing bean (struts) for
interface com.opensymphony.xwork2.ActionProxyFactory
0:17:02,229 INFO  [BeanSelectionProvider] Choosing bean (struts) for
interface com.opensymphony.xwork2.conversion.ObjectTypeDeterminer
0:17:02,244 INFO  [BeanSelectionProvider] Choosing bean (struts) for
interface org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.mapper.ActionMapper
0:17:02,244 INFO  [BeanSelectionProvider] Choosing bean (jakarta) for
interface org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.multipart.MultiPartRequest
0:17:02,244 INFO  [BeanSelectionProvider] Choosing bean (struts) for class
org.apache.struts2.views.freemarker.FreemarkerManager
0:17:02,244 INFO  [BeanSelectionProvider] Choosing bean (struts) for
interface org.apache.struts2.components.UrlRenderer
0:17:02,244 INFO  [BeanSelectionProvider] Choosing bean (struts) for
interface com.opensymphony.xwork2.validator.ActionValidatorManager
0:17:02,260 INFO  [BeanSelectionProvider] Choosing bean (struts) for
interface com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.ValueStackFactory
0:17:02,260 INFO  [BeanSelectionProvider] Choosing bean (struts) for
interface com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.reflection.ReflectionProvider
0:17:02,260 INFO  [BeanSelectionProvider] Choosing bean (struts) for
interface com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.reflection.ReflectionContextFactory
0:17:02,260 INFO  [BeanSelectionProvider] Choosing bean (struts) for
interface com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.PatternMatcher
0:17:02,276 INFO  [BeanSelectionProvider] Choosing bean (struts) for
interface org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.StaticContentLoader
0:17:02,276 INFO  [BeanSelectionProvider] Choosing bean (struts) for
interface com.opensymphony.xwork2.UnknownHandlerManager
0:17:02,432 INFO  [StrutsSpringObjectFactory] Initializing Struts-Spring
integration...
0:17:02,432 INFO  [SpringObjectFactory] Setting autowire strategy to name
0:17:02,432 INFO  [StrutsSpringObjectFactory] ... initialized Struts-Spring
integration successfully

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by "SanJ.SANJAY" <gi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by "SanJ.SANJAY" <gi...@gmail.com>.
I have'nt increased the logging level. I also suspect the same that its  not
even starting. All the S1 action works but not S2 links/actions

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by "SanJ.SANJAY" <gi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "SanJ.SANJAY" <gi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "SanJ.SANJAY" <gi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "SanJ.SANJAY" <gi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "SanJ.SANJAY" <gi...@gmail.com>.
Here

Posted by "SanJ.SANJAY" <gi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.

http://windowslive.com/online/hotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_AE_Faster_022009

Re: Action mapping issue while Integrating S2 and S1

Posted by "SanJ.SANJAY" <gi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by "SanJ.SANJAY" <gi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "SanJ.SANJAY" <gi...@gmail.com>.