Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Karl Wettin <ka...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/19 13:47:49 UTC

0.1 release candidate 1

I just created the first release candidate for 0.1, here:

http://people.apache.org/~kalle/staging-area/mahout0.1rc1

Please download and report back on any issues you encounter. The Maven
artifacts are missing so there /will/ be a release candidate 2! I'm
however a little bit busy this afternoon and might not be able to get
to that until tomorrow, or perhaps even monday.

One thing I've noticed is that we have very little package level
javadocs. It might be a good thing if we wrote at least a one sentance
abstract for each algorithm so there was something in the description
for the packages in the javadocs root.

      karl

Re: 0.1 release candidate 1

Posted by Jeff Eastman <jd...@windwardsolutions.com>.
I downloaded the tarball and unpacked it successfully. After remembering
to switch my OSX Java options to 6.0, it built correctly and the example
tests ran. I imported the project into Eclipse and, after adding the 6.0
JRE and setting -Xmx500m, ran all the unit tests too. There is lots more
to check but my initial experience is otherwise flawless.

Jeff