Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Amnon Lahav <am...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/04 20:24:16 UTC

Can't read hebrew from file uploaded by commons.fileupload

Hi i've asked for help a week ago and the anwers i get i didn't help me i
would realy appreciate some help here i'm reading a csv file that i upload
by commons.fileupload , when i just open the file on the HD and use a
function to read it everything is ok but when i try to upload it the
charEncoding gets all mixed up and i can't convert it back to hebrew no
matter what i try .
here is how i configed everything related
and i've tried allmost all charencoding i can think of with
public String convertEncoding(String isoString,String before,String after)

{

String utf8String = null;

if (null != isoString && !isoString.equals(""))

{

try

{

byte[] stringBytesISO = isoString.getBytes(before);

utf8String = new String(stringBytesISO,after);

}

catch(Exception e)

{

// As we can't translate just send back the best guess.

System.out.println("UnsupportedEncodingException is: " + e.getMessage());

utf8String = isoString;

}

}

else

{

utf8String = isoString;

}

return utf8String;

}

<%@ page language="java" contentType="text/html; charset=UTF-8"
pageEncoding="UTF-8" %>

in the jsp  i allso use request.setcharcterencoding("utf8")

when i open the csv with firefox on HD and properties->encoding it says
windows1255