Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/08 17:52:22 UTC

Re: Measurement of performance of Client's machine when i am connected through VPN

On 2 August 2010 09:04, Felix Frank <ff...@mpexnet.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Jmeter reports two times to you:
> 1. time it takes for the (customer's) server to accept your connection
> request and

latency = time to first response, which will also include time taken
for server to compose reply and send it back and for JMeter to receive
it.

> 2. total time until that request is answered

elapsed = time to complete response; will be same as latency if the
response comes back as one message.

> Jmeter has no way to determine network latency (that I am aware of) so
> you will have to make an educated guess there.

You can try using a HEAD request for this.

Posted by Deepak Goel <de...@gmail.com>.
Hey

On Sun, Aug 8, 2010 at 9:22 PM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2 August 2010 09:04, Felix Frank <ff...@mpexnet.de> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Jmeter reports two times to you:
> > 1. time it takes for the (customer's) server to accept your connection
> > request and
>
> latency = time to first response, which will also include time taken
> for server to compose reply and send it back and for JMeter to receive
> it.

*************Deepak*******************************************
 latency = time to receive first packet of the response (Every response is
split up by the network into multiple packets most of the time for
efficiency)
*************Deepak*******************************************

> > 2. total time until that request is answered
>
> elapsed = time to complete response; will be same as latency if the
> response comes back as one message.
>
> *************Deepak*******************************************
elapsed = time to complete response (time taken to receive the last packet
of the response)
*************Deepak*******************************************

> > Jmeter has no way to determine network latency (that I am aware of) so
> > you will have to make an educated guess there.
>
> You can try using a HEAD request for this.
>
> > HTH,
> > Felix
> >
> > On 08/02/10 07:36, samurai241185 wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi Friends,
> >>
> >> I do have a question in my mind .I am trying to measure performance of
> my
> >> customer's server .I connect to customer machine using customer VPN.Now
> >> question is that-while i am using Jmeter , it gives response time (After
> >> hit a button at my machine----- (time consumed by request in reaching to
> >> customer server+Time taken by customer server to respond a request+time
> >> consumed in reaching to my machine as UI) or it gives response time only
> >> taking "Time taken by customer server to respond a request"into account.
> >>
> >> Thanks

Namaskara~Nalama~Guten Tag

   --
Keigu