Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by sai koduri <ko...@yahoo.com> on 2007/01/23 18:40:03 UTC

Reg piping logs in apache 2.2 on windows 2003

Does anybody know how we can use  rotatelogs.exe to pipe logs for every day ???

  Does any flags need to be turned on or do I need to include any modules?????

  Thanks
  sai

---------------------------------

Re: Reg piping logs in apache 2.2 on windows 2003

Posted by Sander Temme <sc...@apache.org>.
On Jan 23, 2007, at 9:40 AM, sai koduri wrote:

> Does anybody know how we can use  rotatelogs.exe to pipe logs for
> every day ???
>
> Does any flags need to be turned on or do I need to include any
> modules?????

No, this is handled by mod_log_config which is part of the default
module set.

See:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/programs/rotatelogs.html

Note that you have to use forward slashes (/) to configure the path
to rotatelogs.exe in your configuration file.

Which version of Apache are you using? I am seeing more issues with
rotating logs on 2.2.4 than I saw in 2.2.3.

S.