Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by michel <co...@videotron.ca> on 2002/11/28 07:50:13 UTC

Connection refused

Trying the first example client, I get "java.net.ConnectException:
Connection refused: connect". Any explanation for this? Seems rather
discouraging to see my very first Axis effort turn out this way!

package compukat.soap.axis;

import org.apache.axis.client.Call;
import org.apache.axis.client.Service;
import java.net.URL;
import javax.xml.rpc.namespace.QName;

public class HelloClient {

       try {
           String endpoint =
"http://nagoya.apache.org:5049/axis/servlet/AxisServlet";
           Service service = new Service();
           Call call       = (Call) service.createCall();

           call.setTargetEndpointAddress(new URL(endpoint));
           call.setOperationName( new QName("http://soapinterop.org/",
"echoString")  );
           String ret = (String) call.invoke( new Object[] { "Hello!" } );

           System.out.println("Sent 'Hello!', got '" + ret + "'");
         }
         catch (Exception e) {
           System.err.println(e.toString());
         }
     }
}

Re: Connection refused -- it's ok. it's down

Posted by michel <co...@videotron.ca>.
Posted by Sherif Abushadi <ap...@amgando.org>.
i wouldn't be discouraged if i were you.  the service has been down for
months according to some earlier posts.

maybe you could step through the installation document's links and click
each one -- may take about 1/2 hour.

then go back to the user's guide with confidence.

good luck.

sherif