Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Eric Gillespie <ep...@pretzelnet.org> on 2002/04/29 06:40:07 UTC

Re: svn commit: rev 1820 - trunk/www

kfogel@tigris.org writes:

There is at least one feature of CVS Subversion 1.0 will not have:
modules.  I understand that this is planned for 2.0, in the form
of symlinks in the repository.  I don't disagree with the decision
to postpone it, but you should state which features of CVS you
won't be supporting for 1.0, since it will save some shops that
rely on modules (such as where i work) some time when deciding
whether to switch or not.

--
Eric Gillespie <*> epg@pretzelnet.org

Conformity is a sin.

Re: svn commit: rev 1820 - trunk/www

Posted by Karl Fogel <kf...@newton.ch.collab.net>.
Eric Gillespie <ep...@pretzelnet.org> writes:

> There is at least one feature of CVS Subversion 1.0 will not have:
> modules.  I understand that this is planned for 2.0, in the form
> of symlinks in the repository.  I don't disagree with the decision
> to postpone it, but you should state which features of CVS you
> won't be supporting for 1.0, since it will save some shops that
> rely on modules (such as where i work) some time when deciding
> whether to switch or not.

Thank you for pointing out the oversight!  I'll fix it right now.

-K