Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Jared Stehler <ja...@intellifylearning.com> on 2017/12/20 16:57:51 UTC

Metric reporters with non-static ports

The prometheus metric reporter allows for a specification of a port range; is there a way I can find out which actual port it found to bind to?

Also, there doesn’t seem to be a way to reserve an extra port for task managers in mesos to assign to a metric reporter, is that a roadmap item? I’m able to override the port for the app master (-Dmetrics.reporter.prom_reporter.port=$PORT1) but this carries over to the task managers and can collide with the assigned data port, etc.

--
Jared Stehler
Chief Architect - Intellify Learning

Re: Metric reporters with non-static ports

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.
Yes the logs are the only way to find out which port the reporter is
bound to.

We may be able to display this information in the web-UI, but it isn't
very high on my list and will probably require
modifications to the reporter interface.

Posted by Piotr Nowojski <pi...@data-artisans.com>.