Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by KÖLL Claus <C....@TIROL.GV.AT> on 2009/09/16 09:52:10 UTC

jackrabbit-rmi version number

hi all ...

one question regarding the version number of this package.
in the jackrabbit 1.6 release the jcr-rmi-1.5.jar is integrated in the standalone edition
but in the source package it isn't. all other packages has been updated to 1.6 version number.
.. sorry not all the jcr-servlet is also 1.5.2 ...

what is our concept of version numbers with this packages ?

greets
claus

Re: jackrabbit-rmi version number

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 10:06 AM, KÖLL Claus <C....@tirol.gv.at> wrote:
> but should we include the source for this package in future releases ?

Not in jackrabbit-core releases, just like we don't include the source
of the other dependencies we use.

The updated source of the JCR Commons components will be released when
we make releases of those components. For example, there are a few
JCR-RMI fixes that I've been thinking of releasing. That release will
contain only jackrabbit-jcr-rmi and its sources.

The concept is a bit similar to what we did with the Jackrabbit 1.4.x
patch releases that only contained a single component. Now with
separate Jiras and trunks for such standalone components we can better
track such separate release cycles.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

AW: jackrabbit-rmi version number