Posted to user@storm.apache.org by John Pham <jo...@outlook.com> on 2015/04/15 19:18:55 UTC

RE: In-memory TridentState distribution

Hi again,

I've found that each node will keep its own state data separate from each of the other nodes with no replication or communication when only storing state data in memory.

This blog post was helpful:
https://svendvanderveken.wordpress.com/2013/07/30/scalable-real-time-state-update-with-storm/

John

From: john.werben@outlook.com
To: user@storm.apache.org
Subject: In-memory TridentState distribution
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 12:00:09 -0400

Hi all,
I am using Trident state without any external persistent storage (like Memcached or Cassandra) and I was wondering how this state is kept consistent across nodes in a cluster (if at all). Would the same in-memory state object be replicated across all nodes? Or would the state object be distributed across all nodes as if they shared a pool of memory just for the state object?
Thanks,John