Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by John Moylan <jo...@nua-tech.com> on 2002/06/18 17:01:44 UTC

cinclude + xpointer

Does cinclude work with xpointer, I am trying to do something like:

	<cinclude:include src="cocoon:/directory.xml#xpointer((//NewsLines/HeadLine)"/>

But I am only getting directory.xml as output. I am trying to include only a section of the origional directory.xml which is sitemap generated.

--
John G. Moylan

pub  1024D/A5B03E9B 2002-04-24 John G Moylan <jo...@nua-tech.com>
     Key fingerprint = 4859 3C71 2CA6 99CF 62D9  5960 6613 5049 A5B0 3E9B
sub  1024g/0EF26151 2002-04-24 [expires: 2003-04-24]

RE: cinclude + xpointer

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
> From: John Moylan [mailto:john@nua-tech.com]
>

> I have read numerous posts to this list which state that cinclude in
like
> xinclude except that it can also handle the cocoon:/ protocol.

No. Both can work with cocoon:/ protocol.

> The W3C recommendation for xinclude have examples of xinclude being
used with
> xpointer.
>
> So are you saying that cinclude is not a drop in replacement for
xinclude?

Yes.

Vadim

Re: cinclude + xpointer