Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Ray <ra...@163.com> on 2017/10/25 06:43:04 UTC

Any plan to add support for graph computation

Hi, Dear Apache Beam Developer,

I am new to Apache Beam and excited to find such wonderful tool to handle big-data across different popular runners.
I am just wondering is there any plan to add support for graph computation like GraphX on Spark?

* graph representation in PCollection
* basic statistics like vertex/edge count
* base function like vertex/edge-wise mapreduce task(i.e., count the outgoing degree of a vertex)
* base function like subgraph combine/join
* ......

Thanks again for this great Apache Beam you brought to us,
Looking forward to your reply.

Re: Any plan to add support for graph computation

Posted by Reuven Lax <re...@google.com.INVALID>.
It's something that has been discussed, but I don't know that anyone is
currently working on it. One challenge is figuring out how an
iterative-processing API works with Beam's windowing model.

Posted by Ray <ra...@163.com>.
I open an issue on Jira for your review
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/BEAM/issues/BEAM-3096?filter=allopenissues

在 2017-10-25 14:43:04,"Ray" <ra...@163.com> 写道:

Hi, Dear Apache Beam Developer,

I am new to Apache Beam and excited to find such wonderful tool to handle big-data across different popular runners.
I am just wondering is there any plan to add support for graph computation like GraphX on Spark?

* graph representation in PCollection
* basic statistics like vertex/edge count
* base function like vertex/edge-wise mapreduce task(i.e., count the outgoing degree of a vertex)
* base function like subgraph combine/join
* ......

Thanks again for this great Apache Beam you brought to us,
Looking forward to your reply.

【网易自营】好吃到爆!鲜香弹滑加热即食,经典13香/麻辣小龙虾仅75元3斤>>