Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Alexander Banthien <al...@questech.de> on 2002/09/26 08:44:12 UTC

losing sessions with URL-encoding

Hello,

after a long and successful use of tomcat for several sites we now ran
into a problem with a new server:

It is a fresh install of Tomcat through SuSE Linux 7.3 (not that I like
it) i.e. we have tomcat 3.2.4 (and I believe some more minor version
somethings, no idea)

At first the site seemed to be running fine, then I noticed, that my app

has a problem with a URL-encoded URL. It seemed to miss some GET-data in

the URL. This could be fixed by appending even more dummy data to the
URl (using Turbine, if that is of interest)

But now it turned out, that sessions are not tracked at all when using
URL-encoding. (that is a disaster for your fulltext-indexing machine and

for those guys who don't like cookies)

I checked the settings in server.xml, they are identical to the test and

development machines (all tomcat 3.2.x) machines where the site works
perfectly.

Any ideas? must I upgrade? Pease help, we are in the middle of a launch
8-}

Cheers, Alex

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen